As the CEO/CIO
- Sets the mission and vision of the IT organization to foster a customer-focused, value-added culture and mindset.
- Set strategies and objectives that align with the company’s strategic plan.
- Provide assessment and direction on emerging technologies
- Monitor and analyze industry technology trends; that could improve the company’s services, products and performance.
- Manage data centers, business continuity, disaster recovery, cybersecurity and other technology infrastructures.
- Leads development and oversees implementation of the IT strategy and roadmap using agile methodology
- Foster a team of talented back-end and front-end engineers to deliver world-class implementations
- Provide leadership, coaching and strategic direction to the IT team and oversees the design, development, operation and support of IT systems and applications that fulfill the needs of the company, including enterprise architecture, application management, data management and privacy, telecommunications, network security, network infrastructure, operations support management, information security, risk management, disaster recovery and application support to ensure optimal uptime performance and security.
- Advise executive management on opportunities and risks associated with technology.
- Advises on and participates in the oversight of information and technology training plans
- Structure the company’s engineering and development team for long-term growth and sustainability
- Work with multiple direct reports to set career and capability goals. Assist in the hiring and retention of highly capable people while fostering diversity and clear pathways for career development
- Develop and maintain IT policies, programs, and procedures including supporting documentation.
- Manage IT third-party software and hardware suppliers and service providers.
- Manage the IT budget including purchase of hardware and software.
- Develop, interpret and enforce company regulations and company policies and programs, across all technical and data processing activities.
- Develop methodologies designed to support a diverse set of project types and sizes
- Respond to and comply with audit, regulatory, and company policies and procedures.
- Institute best practices and nurture a culture of client-focused standards of excellence
- Develop technical deliverables in support of sales pursuits (i.e. detailed solution scope assumptions and pricing estimates, technical content for sales presentations)
- Provide consultation to the delivery team in developing level-of-effort estimations of technology solutions
- Assist in presentation of client proposals
- Generate awareness of among developers and clients by remaining active in the community and participating in thought leadership opportunities (ie. events, speaking, blog posts, podcasts, meet-ups, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- High reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities that optimize operational efficiency and deliver innovative and agile IT solutions.
- Ability to collaborate and relate well to all kinds of people, build appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships, and use tact and diplomacy to handle situations comfortably.
- Ability to set clear and actionable expectations; stimulate learning, growth and performance improvement in others; empower others to contribute at increasingly higher levels; and provide candid and beneficial feedback to team members.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and information technology solutions and how organizations are using them to drive results and benefits
- Over 20 years experience in the technology industry
- Demonstrated experience in IT strategic planning, organizational development, project management, and working in large complex organizations
- US Navy-Naval Station Bremerton, WA 5/98 to 5/01
- USS Sacramento AOE-1 Supply Ship
- Training as Information Systems Tech (IT/computer related) ’98 – ‘01